PeopleTactics is recruiting for the following position
Job Title: Childcare Center Executive Director
Location: Tysons Corner, VA
Job Type: Full-time
Are you looking to put your extensive experience in childcare center leadership and operations to best use? Are you able to conduct a business meeting one minute and then get on the floor and play with a child the next? Are you looking for a team-oriented, supportive, and friendly culture? If so, we may have the right opportunity for you!
Our client, based in the Northern Virginia area, is looking for an experienced Executive Director to join their team. In this “hands-on” position, the Executive Director will lead the entire organization to ensure the organization’s mission and goals are fulfilled, risks are mitigated, and an effective working environment flourishes. The Executive Director is the face, and heart, of this organization – focused on maintaining the organization’s reputation as a premiere childcare facility. This position will oversee two sites with a total of approximately 50 plus employees and 200 plus children.
While there are standard work hours, this position will at times require the incumbent to work outside of these hours and on some weekends as needed. This role requires an individual who will lead by example and prioritize the mentoring and development of our team of talented daycare providers. Continuous development of the staff is critical for the long-term success of this organization.
- Collaborate with the management team to implement an engaging and effective curriculum that supports Center enrollment.
- Develop, recommend, and implement employee, parent, and child policies.
- Develop/execute a Center marketing plan that includes growing corporate sponsorships, attending networking events and presenting at seminars, conferences and events.
- Maintain strong relationships with parents and staff.
- Develop and implement HR strategies to attract and retain talent as well as mitigate risks. Administer benefit plans and ensure compliance.
- Work with the management team to recruit, hire, and develop staff.
- Oversee accounting functions (e.g., budgeting, A/P, A/R, and payroll) to ensure the organization’s financial soundness.
- Ensure Center complies with all licensing, employment, payroll, and safety regulations.
- Identify and propose strategies to the Board of Directors to e nsure the organization’s ongoing success.
Minimum Experience, Skills and Education:
- BA or BS in Early Childhood Education (ECE) or other related field: Ongoing training in Early Childhood Education as applicable to Center operations and early childhood development.
- Minimum 7 years of experience in the early childhood education field with a minimum of 5 years’ experience leading and managing childcare centers and staff with more than 100 plus child capacity, previous team management experience required.
- Extensive knowledge of early childhood education techniques and methods and childcare center operations serving children from ages 2 months through 6 years.
- Excellent communication, presentation, and prioritization skills.
- The ability to thrive in a child-centric environment, including working directly with children, providing positive redirection, and supporting development.
Preferred Experience, Skills and Education:
- 10+ years of experience in the early childhood education field with a minimum of 5 years’ experience leading and managing childcare centers and staff with more than 100 plus child capacity, overseeing multi-center operations, and working directly with parents and Board of Directors.
- Demonstrated experience with childcare center marketing and business with a focus on increasing/maintaining enrollment.
- Early Childhood Education (managing centers with ages 2 months – 6 yr): 7 years
- leading and managing childcare centers and staff of more than 100 plus child capacity: 5 years
- team management: 5 years
- managing multiple centers: 1 year
What we provide:
- Competitive compensation and benefits.
- Excellent paid time off
- Childcare tuition discount.
- Opportunity to make a difference in the lives of our staff, our children and their families.
- A culture built around excellence, teamwork, continuing education, trust and respect.
Interested in being our client’s Executive Director?
To apply on Indeed, click here.