Did you know:
• According to a Gallup study, only 3 out of 10 workers are engaged — meaning committed to or enthusiastic about their work.
• Gallup estimates that actively-disengaged employees cost U.S. business up to $550 billion a year in lost productivity.
• Stock in Fortune magazine’s “100 Best Companies to Work For” way outperformed both the S&P 500 and the Russell 3000 indices
As you can see, engaging workers is critical to your business success. Engagement can take many forms but often it starts with:
• Creating trusting relationships with your team members,
• Treating them fairly,
• Seeking their input, and
• Valuing their contributions.
Engaged employees lead to increased productivity, better servicing of client needs, higher quality work, fewer HR issues, and ultimately, employees who want to go the extra mile to make your company successful.
Review the attached video or script (found under the video) for a CBS segment on the value of employee engagement. Would your employees take the same action for you as those at Market Basket?