PeopleTactics is recruiting for the following position
Job Title: Childcare Center Senior Director
Location: McLean, VA
Job Type: Full-time
Are you looking to put your childcare center experience in supervision and operations to best use? Are you able to manage daily business operations one minute and then get on the floor and play with a child the next? Are you looking for a team-oriented, supportive and friendly culture? If so, we may have the right opportunity for you!
Our client based in the McLean, Virginia area is looking for an experienced Senior Director to join their team. In this “hands-on” position, the Senior Director will ensure that all federal, state, and local regulations are in compliance and being adhered to on a daily basis. This position directly manages the Associate, Assistant, and/or Center Director and ensures that she/he is given clear guidelines and expectations on day to day center responsibilities and expectations.
What you will do:
- Provide input to and implementation of approved programming and curriculum regarding any changes.
- Evaluate classroom plans, programs, curricula, and teaching approaches to determine effectiveness and ensure that all Center activities comply with federal/state regulations and policies.
- Collaborate with staff to develop and maintain program standards and to set performance goals and objectives.
- Conduct classroom evaluations on a semi-annual schedule. Document findings and provide feedback to staff.
- Review staff patterns and make adjustments as necessary to ensure there is not excess staff. Maintain an updated list of qualified and available substitutes.
- Assist children and staff to ensure children understand playground and classroom expectations.
- Ensure allergy list is maintained and staff members know the correct response for emergency allergy situations.
- Ensure the safety, well-being and security of all children at all times. Be responsive to the social, emotional, physical and cognitive needs of children.
- Ensure staff members implement discipline and redirection policy. Observe and document behavior issues and provide information/recommendations to Executive Director.
- Ensure teachers’ child evaluations address children’s progress in social, emotional and cognitive skills.
- Prepare input for the Newsletter as directed by the Executive Director.
- Promote Commitment to Care to existing parents and conduct Center tours for prospective enrollees.
- Plan and implement parent nights out and other Center gatherings. Attend all Special Center functions during and after Center hours that involve parents.
- Review parent exit interview forms and develop action plans to address issues as needed.
Administration & Management
- Ensure that cost effective measures are met regarding over time hours, food and supply costs and other areas that may impact the financials.
- Coordinate the purchasing of equipment and supplies for the Center and classrooms.
- Ensure accurate children’s attendance records are maintained on a daily basis.
- Assist the Center Director with developing objectives for staff, providing regular performance feedback, handling employee issues, and preparing and delivering performance evaluations.
- Operate the Center within the budget guidelines provided by the Board of Directors and under the direction of the Executive Director.
- Comply with the State childcare licensing regulations, OSHA guidelines and Health and Safety Practices. Ensure that all staff complies with state licensing and policies and procedures.
- Implement the policies and procedures for the Center, as outlined in the Parent/Employee Handbooks.
- Conduct quality assurance checks to ensure that staff is implementing children and programming-related policies and procedures.
- Schedule and attend staff meetings. Assist the Executive Director in the planning and implementation of In-Services twice a year.
- Assist in any classroom to best serve the immediate needs of the Center and ensure ratios are met.
- Other duties as assigned.
The successful candidate will have:
- Knowledge of Early Childhood Education (ECE) and be at least 21 years of age.
- Possessoneof the following:
- A graduate degree in a child related field from an accredited college or universityandsix months of programmatic experience in the group care of children.
- An endorsement or bachelor’s degree in a child related field from an accredited college or universityandone year of programmatic experience in the group care of children.
- Forty-eight semester hours or 72 quarter hours of college credit in a child related field from an accredited college or universityandone year of programmatic experience in the group care of children.
- Two years of programmatic experience in the group care of children with one year in a staff supervisory capacity and at least one of the following educational backgrounds:
- A one year early childhood certificate from an accredited college or university that consists of at least 30 semester hours.
- A child development credential by an organization approved by the Department of Social Services (commonwealth of Virginia).
- A certification of qualification from an internationally or nationally recognized Montessori organization.
- Three years of programmatic experience in the group care of children with one year in a staff supervisory capacity and a high school diploma or G.E.D. or verification of completion of a home school program approved by the state. Programmatic experience shall be obtained in a child day center that offers a staff training program that includes the subject areas of first aid, human growth, and development birth to age 12 years and behavioral management of children. Such training shall be completed by the employee and documented by the center.
What they provide:
- Competitive compensation and benefits.
- Excellent paid time off.
- Childcare tuition discount.
- Opportunity to make a difference in the lives of our staff, our children and their families.
- A culture built around excellence, teamwork, continuing education, trust and respect.
Interested in being our client’s Senior Director? Send your resume, a brief summary stating why you think you would be a great fit, and your salary expectations. We look forward to hearing from you!
To apply on Indeed, click here.