PeopleTactics is recruiting for the following position
Job Title: Office Manager
Company: Mad Science
Location: Silver Spring, MD
Do you have a passion for customer service and take pride in your exceptional time management and prioritization skills? Are you organized and a strong communicator? Do you want to make a positive contribution to a fun organization that impacts the lives of children? If you answered “yes” to these questions, then this may be the job for you!
Our client, Mad Science, is a leading science enrichment provider that delivers unique, hands-on science experiences for children that are as entertaining as they are educational. Their innovative programs help kids learn about science through fun after-school programs, preschool programs, in-class workshops, camps, birthday parties and special events. Their approach to teaching science also invites children to pursue STEM careers. For more information on this great company, visit the Mad Science website.
They are looking for a customer focused and self-motivated Office Manager to join their team working in Silver Spring, MD. As an integral part to the organization’s success, this role must be a supportive leader with a positive demeanor. This is an opportunity to join a fun, high energy company comprised of caring individuals making science fun and inspiring for kids. This is not your average office manager position… it’s so much more and a great opportunity for professional growth. This position requires a full background check.
What You’ll Do:
- This position will oversee and implement functions to support the company in operating efficiently and effectively. This includes directing and coordinating office services, identifying process improvements, managing projects, assisting with bookkeeping/payroll, and implementing human resources administration functions.
- Lead and coordinate overall administrative activities for the Office Administration Department; ensure that operational tasks are completed accurately and in a timely fashion.
- Perform general office duties such as ordering supplies, maintaining records management systems, and managing incoming correspondence including mail and faxes.
- Lead and track various projects related to improving office efficiency and effectiveness.
- Prepare invoices, reports, memos, letters, financial statements, and other documents using word processing, spreadsheet, database, and/or presentation software.
- Conduct new hire orientation and explain company personnel policies, benefits, and procedures to employees.
- Ensure compliance with HR record-keeping requirements (e.g., I9s, personnel file information, applications) and that employment paperwork is up-to-date and meets needs of federal and state requirements as well as individual school districts and partners.
- Administer benefits ensuring timely enrollment and termination of employees. Reconcile benefit invoices.
- Complete bi-weekly payroll activities. Responsible for submitting payroll and coordinating with recruiter to ensure paperwork and training is complete for all staff.
- Answer phones, compile messages, and greet visitors and respond to their needs.
- Negotiate the purchase of office supplies, equipment, and furniture for the entire staff in accordance with company purchasing policies and budgetary restrictions.
- Foster accountability within team. Coordinate between operational and equipment teams to ensure smooth communications, deadlines are met, and equipment is ordered and set-up accordingly.
- Supervise the maintenance of office areas and equipment, as well as layout, arrangement and upkeep of office facilities.
What You’ve Done
- Minimum of three (3) years’ experience in an office management, professional administrative support, and/or HR administration role preferably in a small environment directly reporting to the President/CEO.
- Experience maintaining client databases; previous CRM software experience preferred,
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent preferred.
- Human Resources related exposure or experience preferred.
- Experience working with children preferred.
The Skills You Bring to the Position
- Strong organizational skills and ability to succeed in a fast-paced environment managing multiple priorities.
- Exceptional customer service (internal and external) and follow-up skills.
- Ability to communicate information effectively verbally and in writing with a variety of individuals.
- Must have professionalism, patience, flexibility, a good sense of humor, and ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Ability and willingness to lead, take control of a situation, and be solutions-focused.
- Excellent time management skills with ability to prioritize and focus on task execution.
- Must be highly motivated, a self-starter, and team player.
- Excellent knowledge and ability to use computer applications (e.g., Microsoft Office, Excel, Google Docs).
What They Offer
- Healthcare and supplemental insurance
- Paid time off program and paid holidays
- Opportunity to join a cool company with endless opportunities for professional growth
Interested in being this great opportunity? Please send your resume and salary requirements, as well as a brief summary stating why you think you’d be an excellent candidate for this position.
To apply on Indeed, click here
Mad Science is an equal opportunity employer (EOE).